Love is in the art. If you’re thinking of visiting the Gallery this Valentine’s Day or just looking for inspiration, we’ve compiled our top 5 things to make the day extra special, so when you come in, why not share your Valentine’s Day visit with #QAGOMAlove
1. Is a proposal in the air? | Our happy couple is admiring Interior with figures 1872 painted by Chester Earles (Australia 1821-1905). The subject is a courtship, perhaps even a proposal, with a young woman receiving the advances of an evidently worthy man under the approving gaze of a chaperone. We can only speculate on the eventual outcome, however we believe that love conquers all barriers.
2. Wine and dine your date with caviar and roses at the GOMA Restaurant’s special Valentine’s Day lunch | Spoil your loved one at our award-winning restaurant with a decadent four course lunch designed by our Executive Chef, Josue Lopez.
3. Explore a colourful world together | Enter this spectacular multimedia installation They look at you by Nicolas Mole through the tangled roots of a banyan tree, into a cleared open space, then sit down and immersive yourself in this truly unique visual display.
4. Shower your beau under a rain of sweet nothings | Everyday Whispers by Lawrence English invites you to record a special wish in our recording booth. Over the duration of the exhibition, wishes will be collected and played through a panel of speakers suspended from the ceiling.
5. Pick up a heartfelt gift from our quirky Valentine’s Day range of merchandise | Come in and visit Brisbane’s permanent home of the Comme des Garçons Pocket Store at the GOMA Store. The shop stocks the label’s latest tshirts, fragrances and wallets from the red heart ‘Play’ line and more.
The Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT)
is the Gallery’s flagship exhibition focused on the work of Asia, the Pacific and Australia.
21 November 2015 – 10 April 2016